Congratulations on being engaged! Now the real “fun” part can begin: planning your wedding. For many couples, that means additional stress, budgets, and figuring out whose favorite uncle is sitting by whose distant cousin. Getting married at all-inclusive resorts is becoming increasingly popular partly because you can avoid a lot of those complications.
Do I want to get married at an all-inclusive resort?
If the following speaks to you and your soon-to-be spouse, then you may be the type of couple who would enjoy getting married at an all-inclusive resort.
- I want to leave behind the everyday mundane and experience something exotic
- I want a feeling of elopement but still want my closest family and friends around
- I want to avoid the traditional stress and expenses of a local wedding at home
- I want an intimate and private experience, involving just my closest friends and family
- I want to combine my wedding with a vacation and honeymoon to cut down on travel expenses and time
- I want to save time on planning and instead share time with loved ones in a beautiful location
All-Inclusive resorts love to host weddings on their properties!
Most resorts offer packages for the happy couple, and you can often negotiate package prices for your guests’ stay as well. Some resorts even have a certified officiant on hand, ready for you to say “I Do”, and include photographers to capture all of the highlights of your big day (though you may need to pay extra for additional photos and/or more time). You can also forget about having to decide on flowers and decorations, especially paying for them. Depending on the location you and your wedding party use, the atmosphere and surrounding scenery will be more than enough decor. Guests will hardly notice the flowers here and there when the beach and ocean is right in front of them. Why limit the cocktail hour to just one hour? You and your guests can indulge in all of the food and drink available at your all-inclusive resort, anytime during the stay. Every hour is cocktail hour!
What does a basic wedding package include?
Basic wedding packages can start from as little as $500 at all-inclusive resorts. When you break that price down to what is usually included, you end up saving a ton of money!
For example, a Basic Wedding Package at Sandals Resorts includes:
- Personal wedding planning team
- Preparation of marriage documents
- 30-min foot massage
- Manicure for the bride
- Picturesque Ceremony Location
- Islands featuring the most beautiful and natural backdrops for your destination wedding
- Bouquet and Boutonniere
- A bridal bouquet and a groom’s boutonniere of fuchsia yellow Mokara orchid
- Chiavari chairs with cushions for all guests
- Pre-recorded musical accompaniment of your choice
- Complimentary 5”x7” wedding photo
- Wedding Cake
- Enjoy a two-tiered white fondant wedding cake with fuchsia and yellow Mokara orchids
- Table setting with white linens, silverware and crystal
- Table setting of white china, sparkling crystal, crisp white linens and shining silverware
- Centerpiece of fuchsia and yellow Mokara orchids
- Cocktail reception with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Bride and Groom Signature Cocktail
- Breakfast in bed with mimosa on any morning of your choice
- Romantic turndown service with flower petals on the first evening of your honeymoon
- Honeymoon dinner with white-glove service in a specialty restaurant
The cost for this Sandals Wedding Package is $500, but if you stay 3 or more nights, it is completely FREE.
In summary, you can absolutely get married at most all-inclusive resorts. Be sure to read the fine-print and browse for the best wedding package for you and your future spouse. Most all-inclusive resorts will offer additional deals or discounts for your wedding, depending on how many guests book with them. This could ultimately make your wedding even cheaper, saving on your wedding budget and reducing stress. Keep in mind that if you want to add additional items or personal touches to your wedding, you’ll most likely be adding that to your total cost.
All-Inclusive Resort Search will show you many all-inclusive resorts that offer destination wedding packages for you and your future spouse to choose from. Happy planning!